- �Editing� is a term loosely used as a catch word to describe the process of preparing a manuscript for publication. Please determine the level and type of editing you require: Editing, Copyediting, Proofreading, Fact Checking.
- Your Writing Doctor will not accept a project if we feel we do not have expertise in the area (e.g. All writing projects, and the editing of Masters Theses or Doctoral Dissertations, will be considered on a case by case basis).
- All work will be handled in a timely manner; and we will be accessible by telephone or e-mail throughout the process. We realize how important deadlines are and we will make sure you meet them.
- We accept submissions in hard copy and in Microsoft Word documents via e-mail or CD/DVD ROM.
- All submissions, other than galley proofs, should be originally submitted double-spaced in 12 point font Times New Roman with one inch margins on white 81/2 x 11 inch paper. Keep formatting to a minimum. Editors and publishers want your keystrokes, not fancy printouts.
- Please note, in manuscripts for publication, a single character space, not two spaces, should follow periods and colons. If needed, instructions regarding margins, paragraph indention, hard returns, hyphenation, em dashes, etc. can be provided.
- Sample Your Writing Doctor�s editing style free: e-mail a sample of your work. We will edit or proofread two pages of your work and send it back to assist you in your selection of an editor.